Here are a few deals at Amazon and itunes. If you use an ipad and/or kindle in the classroom, check these out! Prices can change quickly. The Kate DiCamillo book will likely only be at this price for today.
This cat in the hat app is 99 cents today. Visit the itunes link to add it to your ipad or the Amazon link to add it to your android device.
@ Amazon you also get $1 MP3 credit when you buy this app! It is automatically applied to your Amazon account.
- Choose from 3 ways to read: Read to Me, Read it Myself, or Auto Play
- Listen to professional narration and fun music and sound effects
- Enjoy the original illustrations from the classic book
- Read or follow along as the words are highlighted; touch words to hear them again
- Touch images on the screen, and their words will pop up
What if? Why not? Could it be?
When a fortune teller's tent appears in the market square of the city of Baltese, orphan Peter Augustus Duchenne knows the questions that he needs to ask: Does his sister still live? And if so, how can he find her? The fortune teller's mysterious answer (an elephant! An elephant will lead you there!) sets off a chain of events so remarkable, so impossible, that you will hardly dare to believe it's true. With atmospheric illustrations by fine artist Yoko Tanaka, here is a dreamlike and captivating tale that could only be told by Newbery Medalist Kate DiCamillo. In this timeless fable, she evokes the largest of themes: hope and belonging, desire and compassion--with the lightness of a magician's touch.
Free Kindle book!
Age Level: 9 and up | Grade Level: 4 and up